Most people have heard of CBD and are probably aware of its many benefits, but CBN oil could be a new term for them. CBN is gaining in popularity and has some substantial benefits associated with it. It is certainly worth learning about if you are interested in cannabinoids or are currently using CBD.
What is CBN?
CBN, like CBD, is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. There are over 100 different cannabinoids identified so far. While CBD and THC are the best-known cannabinoids, CBN was the cannabinoid first identified by scientists. It occurs naturally as the plant ages, and TCH converts into CBN. Like CBD, CBN has no psychoactive effects.
What are the Benefits?
While the research is still very preliminary, CBN shows strong evidence of sleep and health benefits. CBN shows indications of being a powerful sedative, and research performed on mice has demonstrated that CBN increases sleep time.
Additionally, CBN shows benefits like:
- A pain reliever – CBN influences the activity of neurons sensitive to capsaicin, relieving pain.
- An anti-biotic – CBN can fight bacteria.
- A cancer fighter – Some studies show the potential to stop or slow the growth of cancer cells.
- Bone healing and growth – CBN can help make new bone cells by activating stem cells.
- An anti-convulsant – CBN, has promising potential as an epilepsy treatment.
- An anti-inflammatory – CBN, like CBD, has anti-inflammatory properties.
The benefits of CBN are extensive, and more are being discovered. You might not have been aware of this lesser-known cannabinoid until now, but chances are you’ll be hearing a lot more about it.