Before we provide the full details of the Business Schengen Visa application process, It is essential to mention it is a Visa type that allows you to travel for up to 90 days in a 180-day period within The Schengen Area (and get a short-stay Schengen visa).
Thus the Schengen business visa does not fit you if you’re planning to relocate and begin an enterprise in Europe (because the Business Visa does not give you the legal right to work within Schengen Area. Schengen Area in the long term).
Schengen Visa Requirements For Business Visitors
Here are the documents that you need to submit to apply for a Business Schengen Visa:
- A valid passport has at least two blank pages issued in the last ten years. The passport should be valid for 3 months after the planned stay within Schengen Area. Schengen Area.
- A Schengen business visa application form. Filled out online and downloaded in two copies, and then signed at the conclusion.
- Recent photography. No more than six months old and 35-40mm wide. Close-ups on your forehead and on top of your shoulders to ensure that your face is 70%-80% of the image. The photo should be taken with clarity and sharpness, high quality, and without any wrinkles or marks of ink.
- Schengen visa travel insurance. It covers hospitalization, medical emergencies, and in the event of death, repatriation. The minimum coverage amount is EUR 30,000 and is valid for the entire period of stay within the entire area of Schengen Area.
- The proof of payment for the Schengen Visa fee. The fee is EUR 80 for adults and EUR 40 for minors.
- Travel Plan – Proof of a roundtrip flight ticket, hotel booking, etc., that shows in detail when you plan to visit the country, where you will stay, and what you will do.
- Invitation letter. The host company invites within the Schengen region. The letter should be written on the company’s letterhead and authentically signed by the employee. It should include the person who is the person who is participating as well as the date and purpose of the trip, as well as information on who will be responsible for the expenses for travel.
- No Objection Certificate. This document from your employer, university or school confirms that you have legal obligations in the country you are from and guarantees the embassy you will be returning to your home country.
- The letter of your employers (if relevant). This confirms that you’re employed, stating your salary and your position. It also clearly outlines the reason for your trip. The letter should contain information regarding the company and general information regarding the relationship with the party invited. It should also state who will pay the travel costs.
Don’t staple any one of the documents. Remember that the consul might need
additional documentation during your appointment. Send them all within the
shortest time possible.
How To Apply For A Business Schengen Visa?
The steps that you must go through to apply for a Business Schengen visa are the following:
Fill Out The Business Schengen Visa Application Form
Fill out an online application for a business visa, print two copies and sign the final version. This form requires information such as your name, date of birth, country of birth, passport number and nationality; when asked why you’re travelling, select “business”.
Complete The File Of Documents
Gather all the required documents, and ensure you’re in line with the requirements for Schengen documents for businesspeople.
Book An Appointment
Request an interview via your consulate’s website or the Embassy of the country you’re planning to visit in your home country. You may schedule an interview six months before the earliest date and two weeks before the latest.
On The Day Of The Appointment
Meet at the scheduled time. Make sure that you’re not tardy even for only a few minutes they’ll likely have to cancel your appointment.
Obtaining your biometric data may be required when applying for your first Schengen visa; however, if it has already been submitted it does not need to be repeated.
After filling in and uploading the form to an embassy or consulate’s online systems, your information will be printed out for signature. The entire process usually takes 10-15 minutes; upon receiving your printed form make sure all information has been filled out and signed correctly.
The best option to get a dummy air ticket for a visa is to use an online airline booking service rather than involving a travel agent and booking fully refundable tickets.